HONEL Expansion Joints
Honel 162N-166N range of Multi-element joints with mechanical linkageCHARACTERISTICS OF HONEL TYPE EXPANSION JOINTS:
- Mechanical control system ensures consistent sealing element gaps.
- Adaptability to all types of construction for movement from 1 to 600mm.
- Long lasting, water, and dust proof.
- Compensation for reactions from landsliding, settlement, earthquakes, etc.
- Minimal wear.
- Effective corrosion protection.
- Facility for replacement of sealing elements is ensured, even after many years of operation.
- Maximum stiffness in the longitudinal and transverse directions.
- Proven design in accordance with relevant load conditions.
- Excellent continuity of road surface and aesthetic appearance.
- Depending on joint size, a minimum gap of 35mm per seal is required for maintenance purposes.
Edge profiles and anchorage:
Steel to BS4360 : Grade 43A / SABS 1431Grade 300WA or equivalent.
Steel to S355J2G3 / BS4360 : Grade 50D or equivalent.
Steel to BS4360 : Grade 55C or equivalent.
EPDM / Neoprene to Federal Mogul specifications.
Practice in the last 20 years has shown that joint sealing elements for bridges made from the two caoutchouc types Aethylene-Propylene (EPDM) as well as Chloroprene (CR or Neoprene) are best qualified. Moreover, it should be noted that each caoutchouc quality has different properties to the other. Therefore not only the criterion of requirements (eg. ASTM, AASHTO) should be considered, but also relevant test criterions which correspond with practice, have to be taken into consideration.
EPDM has better weather, ageing, ozone, and temperature resistance than Neoprene.
Neoprene, on the other hand, has better oil –swell and tensile strength characteristics.
The use of both caoutchouc mixtures has been properly proven through practice.
Please Note: The E80SP, D80 and ‘S’ Series single element expansion joints together with the GAM160-800 & GBM130-650 Multi-element range of joints are also available but Electronic Catalogues are still in the process of being produced.
Completed Honel 164N joints awaiting export to Taiwan